Responding to Calls for Papers
The deadline to submit or respond to a call for papers for the 2016 convention has passed.
View Calls for Papers
Calls for papers for the 2017 MLA convention will be accessible from November 2015 through March 2016. The list of calls for papers will be updated as new calls are posted, so we recommend checking this page regularly for updates.
Information for Responding to Calls for Papers
- Review the session guidelines for the MLA convention before responding to calls for papers.
- Send submissions to the session organizer whose name and e-mail are included in the listing; paper submissions should not be sent to the MLA offices.
- Include any audiovisual equipment needs for your presentation when you respond to a call for papers.
- If you are invited to participate in a session, you must be an MLA member by 7 April 2016.
- All session participants must register for the convention.
- An MLA member may participate (e.g., by organizing and chairing a meeting, reading a paper, or serving as a speaker, presider, or respondent) only twice at a convention.
- Review the Convention Participant FAQs.
Please note: A call for papers is not a session proposal but a way to solicit paper submissions for creating a session proposal. Program copy forms for the 2017 convention will be available at www.mla.org/convention in early March. Completed program copy forms must be submitted by 1 April 2016.