Calls for Papers Submission
The deadline to submit a call for papers for the 2015 MLA convention was 21 February 2014. Scroll down to view your previously submitted calls for papers.
Go to www.mla.org/callsforpapers to view a complete list of calls for papers.
Post a Call for Papers
- To log in, you will need your MLA user name and password.
- Calls for papers may be a maximum of 35 words in length, including session title, submission requirements, and submission deadline.
- You may click on the Count Words button below the text box to see if you have exceeded the 35-word limit.
- Once you have completed the form and verified that your contact name, address, and e-mail address are correct, press the Continue button to reach the Call for Papers Submission Review page.
- Review the information carefully before submitting to avoid misspellings and other errors. Calls for papers will not be edited by the MLA.
- When you are sure that the call for papers is correct, print a copy of the Review page for your records and then click Submit Form.
- Once you have submitted your call for papers, you will receive a confirmation e-mail.
- As the session organizer, you are responsible for acknowledging all submissions and inquiries regarding your call for papers.
- You will be able to edit your call for papers up to one week before your posted submission deadline.
- Collaborative Sessions: An entity (a division, a discussion group, the American Literature Section, an allied organization, an MLA committee) may submit calls for papers in collaboration with one other entity. If you are organizing a collaborative session and wish to have the call for papers listed under both entities, each entity should separately submit the same call for papers listing. Please note that each entity may submit only one collaborative session.
Please note: A call for papers is not a session proposal but a way to solicit paper submissions. Program copy forms for the 2015 convention will be available at www.mla.org/convention by early March. Completed program copy forms must be submitted by 1 April 2014.
Log in to view your previously submitted calls for papers.