Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
112. City of Brotherly Love: Philadelphia and Ethnic Studies
8:30–9:45 a.m., 404, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Ethnic Studies in Language and Literature
Presiding: Kim Martin Long, Shippensburg Univ.
1. “Anti-Babel on the Delaware: Duponceau, Heckewelder, the American Philosophical Society, and the Birth of American Eloquence,” Diane Krumrey, Univ. of Bridgeport
2. “From Cuba to Philadelphia and Back to the Island: The Brothers Cavada and Their American Civil Wars,” Jesse Alemán, Univ. of New Mexico, Albuquerque
3. “Ousting Undesirables from Philadelphia: Rhetoric and Law Driving Antebellum Purges of Native American and African American Residents,” Susan B. Iwanisziw, National Coalition of Independent Scholars
4. “Reading for Respectability: The Free Black Community in Antebellum Philadelphia and the Culture of Reading,” Vanessa Steinroetter, Univ. of Nebraska, Lincoln
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.