Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Saturday, 27 December
114. Latin American Cosmopolitanisms
7:00–8:15 p.m., Nob Hill C, Marriott
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Latin American Literature
Presiding: Roberto-Ignacio Díaz, Univ. of Southern California
1. “Going ‘Mundial’: What It Really Means to Desire Paris,” Jaime Hanneken, Univ. of Minnesota, Twin Cities
2. “Cosmopolitan Erasures: Alfonso Reyes and the Critique of Imperial Reason,” Ignacio Sánchez-Prado, Washington Univ.
3. “Rooted Cosmopolitanisms: Alfonso Reyes y Victoria Ocampo,” Gorica Majstorovic, Richard Stockton Coll. of New Jersey
4. “The Brazilian Modernist with the Movie Camera: Cosmopolitanism in Alcântara Machado’s Pathé Baby,” Odile Cisneros, Univ. of Alberta
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org after 1 Dec.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.