Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
119. Herman Melville: A Writer and His Books
8:30–9:45 a.m., Grand Ballroom Salon I, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Melville Society
Presiding: Peter Norberg, Saint Joseph’s Univ.
1. “‘Mute Marbles’: Roman Aesthetics in the Poetry,” Dennis Berthold, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
2. “‘Secret[s] Published in a Portrait’: Melville’s Disruptive Visual Aesthetics in Pierre,” Michelle Jarenski, Univ. of Michigan, Dearborn
3. “Melville’s ‘Mousetrap’: Using Shakespeare to Unmask Manifest Destiny in Moby-Dick,” Ida Rothschild, Boston Univ.
4. “‘Crack’d Archangel’: Sir Thomas Browne’s Religio Medici, the Bible, and Religious Difference in Melville’s Fiction and Poetry,” Brian Yothers, Univ. of Texas, El Paso
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.