Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
122. Performing between Gender and Race: The Politics of Cuban and Cuban American Cultural Production
8:30–9:45 a.m., Edison, Washington Hilton
A special session
Presiding: Gema R. Guevara, Univ. of Utah
1. “The Inseparability of Music, Race, and Gender,” Gema R. Guevara
2. “Quien no tiene de Congo, tiene de Carabalí,” Sara E. Cooper, California State Univ., Chico
3. “Performing between Cultures: Replaying Carmelita Tropicana’s Cuba,” Lynda Hall, Univ. of Calgary
4. “Jineterismo: Between the Margin and the Mainstream in Luis Manuel García’s ‘Tú qué sabes, Vivian,’” Victoria L. McCard, North Georgia Coll. and State Univ.
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.