Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Saturday, 27 December
123. Modernism, Religion, and the Secular
7:00–8:15 p.m., Foothill G2, Marriott
A special session
Presiding: David R. Sherman, Brandeis Univ.
1. “Modernist Literature’s God after God,” Gregory T. Erickson, Mannes Coll.
2. “Modernist Religions: James Joyce’s Divine Milieu,” John N. Dudley, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
3. “Shaking the Foundations of Skepticism, Joking about God: Search and Evasion in Modernism’s Atheistic Mysticism,” Karen Zumhagen-Yekplé, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “‘Silent Answers’: Hart Crane and the Language of Prayer,” Gabriel Alkon, Baruch Coll., City Univ. of New York
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.