Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
143. Narrating Life in Recent German Film
5:15–6:30 p.m., 406B, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Film
Presiding: Nora M. Alter, Temple Univ., Philadelphia
1. “Decoding Narrative: Presence and Movement in the Films of the Berlin School,” Roger F. Cook, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
2. “Narrating Lives: Inge Viett’s Nie war ich furchtloser and Schlöndorff’s The Legend of Rita,” Christina Gerhardt, Columbia Univ.
3. “In the Graveyard of Hollywood Genre: Christian Petzold’s Jerichow (2008) and The Postman Always Rings Twice,” Jaimey Fisher, Univ. of California, Davis
4. “Valkyrie between Germany and Hollywood: On Cinema and the Understanding of National Socialism,” Brad Prager, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.