Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
147. Traumatic Experience of the Baroque
8:45–10:00 p.m., Parlor C, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Comparative Studies in Renaissance and Baroque Literature
Presiding: Gordon Teskey, Harvard Univ.
1. “Allegory and Empire in Sigüenza y Góngora’s 1680 Triumphal Arch,” Anna H. More, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Baroque Aesthetics and Mexican Colonial Trauma: Las Casas and ‘las Iglesias,’” Sara L. Lehman, Fordham Univ., Bronx
3. “Traumatic Foundations: Postconquest Literature in Catalonia,” Aaron J. Ilika, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “Navigating Baroque Trauma,” Christopher Dean Johnson, Harvard Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.