Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
150. Get Down: Disability, Depression, and Difference
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 401–403, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Disability Studies
Presiding: Tammy Elizabeth Berberi, Univ. of Minnesota, Morris
1. “Depression: The Melancholia of History,” Petra Kuppers, Bryant Univ.
2. “Embodied Dissoi Logoi: Mental Health Difference as Dialectic,” Marian E. Lupo, Ohio State Univ., Columbus
3. “Down and Out: Transference, Depression, and the Teaching Self,” Julia Knowlton De Pree, Agnes Scott Coll.
4. “Just Get Up: Antidepression Arguments in Contemporary Representations of Chronic Fatigue Syndrome and Other Controversial Disabilities,” Anna Mollow, Univ. of California, Berkeley
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.