Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Thursday, 27 December
150. Touched by an Angel: Representations of Domestic Violence in Nineteenth-Century Spain
8:45–10:00 p.m., Ohio, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Eighteenth- and Nineteenth-Century Spanish Literature
Presiding: Wadda C. Ríos-Font, Barnard Coll.
1. “On the Love of Cobardes and Cuyos: Discourses of Domestic Violence in Nineteenth-Century Spanish Culture,” Erika Maurine Sutherland, Muhlenberg Coll.
2. “Not Guilty by Reason of Infidelity: Responses of Battering and Murder of Women in Madrid’s Newspapers, 1880–1925,” Leslie Kaiura, Univ. of Alabama, Huntsville
3. “Domestic Violence and the Construction of Masculinity in the Short Stories by Emilia Pardo Bazán,” Jennifer Lynn Smith, Southern Illinois Univ., Carbondale
4. “The Waves Crashed Violently: Rosalía de Castro’s La hija del mar,” Leigh Kathryn Mercer, Univ. of Washington, Seattle
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.