Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
152. Travel Writing, Empire, Globalization
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A1, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Autobiography, Biography, and Life Writing
Presiding: Sarah Bird Wright, Univ. of Richmond
1. “‘Beware of the Dogma’: Recent Travel Writing from Afghanistan,” Gillian L. Whitlock, Univ. of Queensland
2. “Tropical Travel, the American Empire, and British Emancipation: Bigelow’s Jamaica in 1850,” Robert J. Scholnick, Coll. of William and Mary
3. “French Travel Writing on Egypt: De Nerval, Flaubert, Gide, and Cocteau,” David LeHardy Sweet, American Univ. in Cairo
4. “‘Remember Skibbereen’: Narrating a Return to Famine Ireland,” Sharon Obrien, Dickinson Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.