Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
160. Word and Image: The Illustrated Text in Premodern East Asia
5:15–6:30 p.m., 402A, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures to 1900
Presiding: Charlotte Eubanks, Penn State Univ., University Park
1. “Reading by Heart: Translated Buddhism and the Pictorial Heart Sutras of Early Modern Japan,” Charlotte Eubanks
2. “Women in the Illustrated Books of Chosŏn Korea (1392–1910),” SeoKyung Han, Binghamton Univ., State Univ. of New York
3. “Woodblock Printing in Tokugawa Japan: The First Etchings of a Modern Written Language,” Kelly Hansen, Univ. of British Columbia
4. “Visual Arguments: The Function of Maps in the Debate on the Tribute of Yu,” Martin Hofmann, Heidelberg Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.