Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Thursday, 28 December
163. Narcissism in Edith Wharton’s Works
10:15–11:30 a.m., Liberty Ballroom Salon B, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Edith Wharton Society
Presiding: Margaret P. Murray, Western Connecticut State Univ.
1. “Narcissism and the Banality of Evil,” Linda Costanzo Cahir, Kean Univ.
2. “Denying Himself No Thing: Major Chris Fenno as the Cultural Psychoanalyst’s Aggressive Narcissist,” Kristin Lauer, Fordham Univ., Lincoln Center
3. “Looking into the Haunted Verge: Narcissism and Self-Recognition in Wharton’s Ghostly Tales,” Elsa Nettels, Coll. of William and Mary
4. “Mirror, Mirror, on the Wall: Self-Fixation and Inauthenticity in The Custom of the Country,” Frederick Wegener, California State Univ., Long Beach
5. “Narcissism for the Nation: Undine Spragg and Patriotism in The Custom of the Country,” Donna M. Campbell, Washington State Univ., Pullman
For copies of abstracts, visit www.edithwhartonsociety.org after 10 Dec.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.