Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
165. Filming Slavic Culture and History
10:15–11:30 a.m., Monroe West, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the American Association of Teachers of Slavic and East European Languages
Presiding: Benjamin Sutcliffe, Miami Univ., Oxford
1. “Women’s Community in Stalinist Film,” Anne Eakin Moss, Stanford Univ.
2. “Polish National History in Films of the 1920s,” Sheila Skaff, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
3. “Filming Anna Karenina as a National Text,” Irina Makoveeva, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
4. “Over Her Deaf Body: Discourse and Agency in Land of the Deaf,” Elena Vassileva, Univ. of Southern California
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.