Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
180. Langston Hughes: Writer without Borders I
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Maryland Suite C, Marriott
Program arranged by the Langston Hughes Society
Presiding: Dolan Hubbard, Morgan State Univ.
1. “Diasporic Soundings in Langston Hughes’s Mulatto,” Sharynn Owens Etheridge, Tennessee State Univ.
2. “Langston Hughes’s Terra Cinema: Reading Montage of a Dream Deferred Geopolitically,” Rebecca A. Walsh, Duke Univ.
3. “Darkness USA: Langston Hughes’s Global Framing of the American Dilemma,” Caroline C. Maun, Wayne State Univ.
4. “Knowing Langston: The Global Dimension of Friendship and Art as Seen through the Eyes of Margaret Walker,” Maryemma Graham, Univ. of Kansas
For copies of abstracts, visit www.langstonhughessociety.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.