Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Thursday, 28 December
187. Melville in the Popular Imagination
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Independence Ballroom Salon III, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Melville Society
Presiding: M. Thomas Inge, Randolph-Macon Coll.
1. “‘He’s Going to Sound’: Herman Melville and the Struggle to Legitimize Radio,” Timothy Ross Prchal, Oklahoma State Univ., Stillwater
2. “The Presence of Moby-Dick in Heathers,” Randy Laist, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
3. “Heavy Melville: Mastodon’s Leviathan and the Popular Image of Moby-Dick,” Craig Bernardini, Hostos Community Coll., City Univ. of New York
4. “‘Or, the Whale’: Unpopular Melville in the Popular Imagination,” Richard Hardack, Berkeley, CA
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.