Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
187. Persistence of Empire: Hispanic Asian and African Literatures and Postcolonial Nationhood, 1885–2004
8:30–9:45 a.m., 406B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Eugenio Matibag, Iowa State Univ.
1. “The Spirit of Nínay: Pedro Paterno and the Haunted Foundations of Philippine Nationalism,” Eugenio Matibag
2. “The Postcolonial Problematics of Hispanophone Asia: La carrera de Cándida and the (Non)Institutionalizations of Twentieth-Century Filipino Literature in Spanish,” Adam Lifshey, Georgetown Univ.
3. “Prohibition and Patrimony in Spanish Morocco: Abdul Latif Jatib’s La proscrita,” Dolores Aponte-Ramos, Universidad de Puerto Rico, Río Piedras
4. “Transversal Aesthetics in Equatorial Guinean Theater,” Elisa G. Rizo, Iowa State Univ.
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.