Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
192. Coming to Terms with the Holocaust in Romania
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Monroe East, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Romanian Studies Association of America
Presiding: Jeanine Teodorescu-Regier, Elmhurst Coll.
1. “Rubin Udler’s Memoir: The Cursed Years,” Amy Diana Colin, Univ. of Pittsburgh, Pittsburgh
2. “Liminal Memory: The Cernauti Ghetto,” Marianne Hirsch, Columbia Univ.; Leo Spitzer, Dartmouth Coll.
3. “Surviving Transnistria: The Bukovinian Holocaust in Edgar Hilsenrath’s The Adventures of Ruben Jablonski,” Valentina N. Glajar, Texas State Univ.
4. “Elie Wiesel: Night and the Death of Hope,” Domnica Radulescu, Washington and Lee Univ.
5. “Time Regained: Fascist Romania in Norman Manea’s Return of a Hooligan: A Memoir,” Jeanine Teodorescu-Regier
For copies of abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.