Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Sunday, 28 December
194. Conrad and Modernism Revisited
8:30–9:45 a.m., Powell, Hilton
Program arranged by the Joseph Conrad Society of America
Presiding: Carola M. Kaplan, California State Polytechnic Univ., Pomona
1. “Joseph Conrad and the Dawn of the ‘Long Twentieth Century,’” Phillip Edward Wegner, Univ. of Florida
2. “Conrad’s Machines,” Amy Woodbury, Tufts Univ.
3. “Autocracy, Modernism, and Conrad’s Long Silences,” Anita Starosta, Univ. of California, Santa Cruz
4. “Writing about Violence from Conrad to García Márquez,” Joyce Piell Wexler, Loyola Univ., Chicago
Respondent: Andrea White, California State Univ., Dominguez Hills
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.