Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Sunday, 28 December
197. Language, Literature, and the Politics of Area Studies
8:30–9:45 a.m., Yosemite A, Hilton
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Interdisciplinary Approaches to Culture and Society
Presiding: Gaurav G. Desai, Tulane Univ.
1. “9/11, the United States, and Postcolonial Studies; or, ‘Whose Side Are You on Anyway?’” Alfred J. Lopez, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
2. “The Politics of Area Studies: Homeland Security, House Resolutions, and the Place of Academic Memoir,” Cynthia Franklin, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
3. “The Geopolitical State of Exception: Area Studies after 9/11,” Sophia A. McClennen, Penn State Univ., University Park
4. “Check, Check: Sensitizing Scholars and Students to Sensitive Topics of Area Studies in the United States,” Shirin E. Edwin, Sam Houston State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.