Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
205. Nostromo at One Hundred
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom Salon L, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Joseph Conrad Society of America
Presiding: Peter Mallios, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
1. “‘For Life to Be Large and Full . . .’: Epic Nostromo,” Terence Collits, La Trobe Univ.
2. “Nostromo’s Latin American Legacy,” Jennifer L. French, Williams Coll.
3. “Suspended Judgments: Skepticism and the Body in Nostromo,” Scott Warren Klein, Wake Forest Univ.
4. “An Unrecognized Polish Nobleman in Nostromo,” Jean M. Szczypien, Fashion Inst. of Tech., State Univ. of New York
5. “Anticipating a Scorcese Nostromo: The Lean, Bolt, Hampton, and BBC Treatments,” Wallace Steadman Watson, Duquesne Univ.
6. “Nostromo’s Narrative Confusion and Clarity: A Reassessment,” John G. Peters, Univ. of North Texas
For copies of papers, write to Peter Mallios by 10 Dec. 2004 or visit www.engl.unt.edu/~jgpeters/Conrad/conferences.html.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.