Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
208. From Postmodernism to Globalization
1:45–3:00 p.m., Commonwealth Hall A2, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Twentieth-Century Latin American Literature
Presiding: María Rosa Olivera-Williams, Univ. of Notre Dame
1. “The Outcasts of Global Citizenship: Central American Cultural Production and Globalization after a Decade of Peace,” Arturo Arias, Univ. of Redlands
2. “The Global Island: Puerto Rico at the Crossing from Postmodernism to Globalization,” Ramón E. Soto-Crespo, State Univ. of New York, Buffalo
3. “Strategies of Corporeal Domination and Resistance in the Age of Globalization: Diamela Eltit’s Mano de obra and Margo Glantz’s ‘Palabras para una fábula,’” Michael J. Lazzara, Univ. of California, Davis
4. “Culture and Politics within the Imaginaries of Globalization,” Marta Zulema Bermudez, Hofstra Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.