Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Thursday, 28 December
211. Ethnic Studies in the Age of Transnationalism
1:45–3:30 p.m., 201-A, Convention Center
A forum arranged by the MLA Committee on the Literatures of People of Color in the United States and Canada
Presiding: Agnes Ivelisse Lugo-Ortiz, Univ. of Chicago
1. “Reframing the Black Subject: African American Studies, African Diasporic Studies, and Transnationalism,” Mark Allen Sanders, Emory Univ.
2. “Ethnic Locations, Disciplinary Moments: Rethinking the Place(s) of Ethnic Studies Today,” Juana María Rodríguez, Univ. of California, Davis
3. “Between Living and Thinking: Toward a Minority Theory in the Transnational Context,” Rajagopalan Radhakrishnan, Univ. of California, Irvine
4. “Leave Me Alone, but Pay Attention! Native Responses to Transnationalism,” Robert A. Warrior, Univ. of Oklahoma
For coordinated workshops, see meetings 402 and 573.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.