Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
215. Dracula: Between Nationalism and Empire
1:45–3:00 p.m., Thoroughbred, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Slavic and East European Literatures
1. “Night Watch: New Russian Vampires,” Thomas J. Garza, Univ. of Texas, Austin
2. “Bearing One’s Soil: Life Writing and the Undead,” Vesna Goldsworthy, Kingston Univ.
3. “Vampire Nation: Sex and Blood in the Balkans,” Tomislav Z. Longinovic, Univ. of Wisconsin, Madison
4. “(Dracula’s) Imperial-Parasitic Philology and the Birth of (British) Modern Literature in the East,” Holt Meyer, Universität Erfurt
5. “L’empire à rebours: Inversion and Colonization in Huysmans, Stoker, and Wilde,” Elizabeth Merle Richmond-Garza, Univ. of Texas, Austin
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.