Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
226. What Is Literary Language? Dialect and Identity in Literature
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Arkansas, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Linguistic Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Julia Karolle-Berg, John Carroll Univ.
1. “Tangled Voices: An Analysis of Code Switching in Chamoiseau’s Chronique des sept misères and Collins’s The Colour of Forgetting,” Elisabeth Lore, Univ. of California, Davis
2. “Reflecting India: Linguistic Innovations in the Indian English Creative Text,” Tracey Layng-Awasthi, Univ. of Illinois, Chicago
3. “Linguistic Profiles in Social and Fictional Settings: An Application to Michel Tremblay’s Plays,” Mathilde Dargnat, Univ. of Provence
4. “Dafne Morrison: A Contribution to the Dialectal Geography of the Hispanic Caribbean,” Gloria D. Prosper-Sánchez, Univ. of Puerto Rico, Rio Piedras
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.