Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
231. Origins of Totalitarianism II: National Desires
1:45–3:00 p.m., Regency Ballroom C2, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on Nineteenth- and Early-Twentieth-Century German Literature
Presiding: Elke P. Frederiksen, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
1. “The Father in Fatherland: Ideology and Corporeal Paternity in Kleist,” Stefani B. Engelstein, Univ. of Missouri, Columbia
2. “The National-Social Legacy: Gertrud Bäumer and the Left Liberal Roots of German Fascism, 1890–1945,” Eric Kurlander, Stetson Univ.
3. “Authoritarian Nostalgia: Gustav Frenssen’s Cultural Protestantism,” Volker Max Langbehn, San Francisco State Univ.
4. “Realpolitik of the Schreber Case,” Henry Erik Butler, Emory Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.