Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
231. Image and Action: A Proposal for Thinking Visual Culture in Hispanic Studies
10:15–11:30 a.m., 306A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Cristina Moreiras-Menor, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
1. “Telling Border Images: Establishing the Future Archive,” José Pablo Villalobos, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
2. “Nuclear Modernism and the Dark Angel of History: Goya, Benjamin, Klee, Dalí,” Teresa M. Vilarós, Univ. of Aberdeen
3. “How to Recognize an Exorcism in a Painting When You See One: Depicting Demonophanies in Early Modern Art,” Hilaire A. Kallendorf, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
4. “Buñuel y la razón histórica,” Cristina Moreiras-Menor
For abstracts, visit www.abdn.ac.uk/visualculture/events.shtml.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.