Viewing convention Program information from 2004
Tuesday, 28 December
241. Food in Children’s Literature
3:30–4:45 p.m., 401–403, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Children’s Literature Association
Presiding: Scott Thomas Pollard, Christopher Newport Univ.; Kara K. Keeling, Christopher Newport Univ.
1. “Recipes for Reciprocity and Repression: Food and the Feminine of Children’s Literature,” Holly V. Blackford, Rutgers Univ., Camden
2. “Nancy Drew and the ‘F’ Word,” Leona M. Fisher, Georgetown Univ.
3. “Delicious Supplements: Cookbooks as Additives to Children’s Texts,” Jan Christopher Susina, Illinois State Univ.; Jodie Slothower, Normal, IL
4. “Sugar or Spice? An Example of Food and Gender Identity from Brazilian Children’s Literature,” Richard M. Vernon, Univ. of North Carolina, Chapel Hill
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.