Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Thursday, 28 December
248. Contestations of the Nation in East Asia
1:45–3:00 p.m., Congress B, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures after 1900
Presiding: Christopher M. Lupke, Washington State Univ., Pullman
1. “Family: (A)Political Utopia—Reading Yu Hua’s To Live,” Jiwei Xiao, Univ. of the South
2. “Nation without Community: Narrating the Predicament of the Contemporary Chinese Identity,” Christopher M. Lupke
3. “Contested Nationalities in Early-Twentieth-Century East Asian Narratives,” Karen Thornber, Harvard Univ.
4. “Performing the Nations: Fin de Siècle Chinese Theater and Its Others,” Alexander C. Y. Huang, Penn State Univ., University Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.