Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
253. Cityscape/Slumscape in African Literature
1:45–3:00 p.m., Congress C, Loews
Program arranged by the Division on African Literatures
Presiding: Patrick Muana, Texas A&M Univ., College Station
1. “Representing Slums Nonmagically: Guma and Abani,” Susan Z. Andrade, Univ. of Pittsburgh
2. “Clandestine Justice: Dakar in Ken Bugul’s Rue Félix-Faure,” Tsitsi Jaji, Univ. of Pennsylvania
3. “Shifting Cities, Shifting Selves: New South African Fictions,” Ronit N. Frenkel, Univ. of Johannesburg
4. “Les ‘enfants (terribles) de la postcolonie’: Youth, Violence, and the African City-Slum in Thirteen Cents, Graceland, and Lagos Heat,” Lesa Smith, Wilfrid Laurier Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.