Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
263. Religious and Secular Discourses in Seventeenth-, Eighteenth-, and Nineteenth-Century Italian Literature
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 407, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Seventeenth-, Eighteenth-, and Nineteenth-Century Italian Literature
Presiding: Clorinda Donato, California State Univ., Long Beach
1. “Re-viewing Modern Italy: The Curious Case of Gianelli’s Pipino,” Maria Rosa Truglio, Penn State Univ., University Park
2. “Dante and the Counter-Reformation: Theological Issues and Literary Responses,” Marco Arnaudo, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
3. “Catastrophe and Renewal: Religious and Secular Reactions to the 1783 Calabro-Sicilian Earthquake,” Sabrina Ferri, Univ. of Notre Dame
4. “‘Santissima Vergine! Chi avrebbe creduto che le cose potessero arrivare a questo segno?’: The Catholic Reaction to I promessi sposi,” Jonathan Hiller, Adelphi Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.