Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
270. Byron and the Revolutionary Spirit
3:30–4:45 p.m., 406, Philadelphia Marriott
Program arranged by the Byron Society of America
Presiding: Paul Douglass, San José State Univ.
1. “Promethean Innovation: Byron’s Lyrics to Augusta,” Charles Waite Mahoney, Univ. of Connecticut, Storrs
2. “‘A Long Seclusion’: Byron’s Dubious Rebellion from the Lake School,” Madeleine Callaghan, Univ. of Durham
3. “Byron and Irish Nationalism,” Timothy Webb, Univ. of Bristol
4. “Byron’s ‘Modern Greeks’ and Hemans’s Modern Greece: The Revolutionary Poetics of People and Place,” Noah Comet, Ohio State Univ., Mansfield
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.