Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Wednesday, 28 December
273. Islam in Francophone Literature from the Arab World after 9/11
3:30–4:45 p.m., Kalorama, Washington Hilton
A special session
1. “Answering to ‘Muslim’: Language, Country, and Religion in Zahia Rahmani’s ‘Musulman’ Roman,” Alison Rice, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Melancholy Islam: The Hermeneutics of Terrorism in Slimane Benaïssa’s La dernière nuit d’un damné,” Nouri Gana, Queen’s Univ.
3. “Terrorism, the Place of Islam, and Rewriting in Tahar Ben Jelloun’s Post-9/11 Fiction,” Michael F. O’Riley, Colorado Coll.
4. “Educating about Islam: 9/11 and Essays from the Francophone Arab World,” Carine Bourget, Univ. of Arizona
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.