Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
276. Revisioned Fairy Tales and Myths in Fiction
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Platinum Salon A, J. W. Marriott
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Folklore and Literature
Presiding: Sharon R. Wilson, Univ. of Northern Colorado
1. “Over Towering: Fairy-Tale Motifs in the Novels of Margaret Atwood,” Sarah Appleton, Old Dominion Univ.
2. “Assia Djebar and Scheherazade’s Legacy in Francophone Literature,” Jennifer Gipson, Univ. of California, Berkeley
3. “Reading Emma Donoghue’s Kissing the Witch Intertextually,” Cristina Bacchilega, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Mānoa
4. “Virginie Despentes’s Bye Bye Blondie: A Feminist Punk Rock Fairy Tale,” Michele Schaal, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.