Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Thursday, 06 January
28. From Victim to Heroine: Redefining Female Detective Fiction across Cultures
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., Platinum Salon G, J. W. Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Inmaculada Pertusa, Western Kentucky Univ.
1. “Alexander McCall Smith and the Gentlewoman’s Whodunit,” Sue D. Sorensen, Canadian Mennonite Univ.
2. “Dilettantes of Private Investigation: Female Detective Fiction in Vladimir Putin’s Russia,” Olga M. Mesropova, Iowa State Univ.
3. “Performing Crime Fiction: Virginie Despentes’s Chiennes savantes,” Michele Schaal, Indiana Univ., Bloomington
4. “Immigration and Domestic Violence in Catalan Detective Fiction,” Melissa Anne Stewart, Western Kentucky Univ.
For abstracts, visit www.wku.edu/encuentros/mla.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.