Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
280. How the University Works: Higher Education and the Service Economy
1:45–3:00 p.m., Grand Ballroom D North, Hyatt Regency
A workshop arranged in conjunction with the forum The Precarious Future of Academic Freedom (429)
Presiding: P. Marc Bousquet, Santa Clara Univ.
1. “Superservice as a Threat to Academic Freedom,” Katie J. Hogan, Carlow Univ.
2. “Servicing Debt: The Price of Education,” Jeffrey J. Williams, Carnegie Mellon Univ. (abstract available)
3. “Finding Good Help: The Silent Economy of Service in Higher Education,” Michelle A. Massé, Louisiana State Univ., Baton Rouge
4. “Superexploitation and the Student’s Right to Learn,” P. Marc Bousquet (abstract available)
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.