Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
283. Narratives as a Diagnostic and Teaching Tool in the Heritage Language Classroom
12:00 noon–1:15 p.m., 309, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Isabel Bustamante-López, California State Polytechnic Univ., Pomona
1. “Heritage Speakers’ Narratives: Spanish Language Maintenance and Loss,” Isabel Bustamante-López
2. “Using Linguistic Autobiographies to Promote Ethnic Identity, Combat Negative Stereotyping, and Promote Success,” María Carreira, California State Univ., Long Beach
3. “Mastering Critical Thinking: Approaches to Developing Analytical Skills in the Heritage Speaker Classroom,” Myriam Gonzales-Smith, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
4. “Discovering the Written Language: The Acquisition of Spelling,” Amália Llombart-Huesca, California State Polytechnic Univ., Pomona
For abstracts, write to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.