Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
292. Central American Lives: Writings from the Diaspora
1:45–3:00 p.m., 301B, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Oriel Siu, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
1. “The Novel of the Central American Diaspora and the Coloniality of Power: Some Annotations on the Eternal Inmortales,” Oriel Siu
2. “Searching for Home: The Construction of Guatemalan American Identity in Omar S. Castañeda’s Remember to Say Mouth or Face,” Alicia Ivonne Estrada, California State Univ., Northridge
3. “GuateMa(LA)n in the United States: Gender and Masculinity in Omar Castañeda’s Guatemalan Macho Oratory,” Gustavo A. Guerra Vásquez, Univ. of California, Berkeley
4. “Memorializing the Missing in The Art of Exile by William Archila,” Karina Oliva-Alvarado, Claremont Coll.
Respondent: Ana Patricia Rodríguez, Univ. of Maryland, College Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.