Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
306. Citizenship, Literature, and Culture
3:30–4:45 p.m., Huron, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on Luso-Brazilian Language and Literature
Presiding: Christopher John Dunn, Tulane Univ.
1. “Electric Rio: Access to the Power Grid in Brazilian Literature,” Sophia Beal, Brown Univ.
2. “Beyond the Visions of Modernity: Cinema and Citizenship in Brazil’s First Republic (1889–1930),” Maria Conde, Columbia Univ.
3. “Crimes against Citizenship: The Portuguese Political Police (PVDE/PIDE) in Contemporary Literature and Cinema,” Isabel Ferreira Gould, Univ. of Notre Dame
4. “‘Portagees,’ ‘Brazucas,’ and Other ‘Funny Porto Ricans’: Overlapping Citizenships in the United States Lusosphere,” Christopher Larkosh, Univ. of Massachusetts, Dartmouth
For copies of papers, visit www.tulane.edu/~spanport/cjdunn.htm.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.