Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
308. Languages: America’s and Americanists’ Languages and Discourses
3:30–4:45 p.m., Atlanta, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the American Literature Section
Presiding: Sandra Abelson Zagarell, Oberlin Coll.
1. “Saying ‘Uncle Tom’ in Spanish: Translations and Illustrations in a Multilingual Approach to Uncle Tom’s Cabin,” Kim Wallace-Sanders, Emory Univ.
2. “Resistance in French: Recentering the World of Slavery in Charles Testut’s Le Vieux Salomon,” Heidi Kathleen Kim, Northwestern Univ.
3. “Nation and Empire: José Martí’s Strategic Multilingualism,” Laura Anne Lomas, Rutgers Univ., Newark
4. “Realism’s Artifice: Language(s) of Power and Crisis in Asian American Poetics,” Warren T. Liu, Bryn Mawr Coll.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.