Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
312. Cities and Public Spaces: Urban Ways of Being
3:30–4:45 p.m., Stetson E, Hyatt Regency
Program arranged by the Community College Humanities Association
Presiding: Lisa L. Tyler, Sinclair Community Coll., OH
1. “When Public Space Is Your Private Space: Homelessness, Urban Conflicts, and Public Policy,” John N. Allen, Milwaukee Area Technical Coll., WI
2. “Mall as Monument: The Elision of Class in Spaces of Modern Consumption and Habitation,” Andrew Urban, West Virginia Univ., Morgantown
3. “City as Contested Space: Chinatown Family and Native Speaker,” Xiaojing Zhou, Univ. of the Pacific
4. “Brooklyn Bridge and the ‘Labyrinthine Mouths of History,’” Marcela M. Sulak, American Univ.
Respondent: George Louis Scheper, Community Coll. of Baltimore County, MD
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.