Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
316. Surplus Value, Surplus Life
1:45–3:00 p.m., 304C, LA Convention Center
Program arranged by the Division on Sociological Approaches to Literature
Presiding: Neferti Xina M. Tadiar, Barnard Coll.
1. “(Cannibal) Politics of the Belly: Transplantation Ghettoes and Textual-Somatic Form,” Rachel C. Lee, Univ. of California, Los Angeles
2. “Vital(ity) Economies: Indian Surrogacy and US Middle-Class Dependence on Employable Mothers,” Kalindi Vora, Univ. of California, San Diego
3. “Surplus People, Repurposed Forms: Global Apartheid,” Jennifer A. Wenzel, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
4. “Trial by Accident: Experiment and the Production of Surplus,” Melinda Cooper, Univ. of Sydney
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.