Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Monday, 28 December
337. Negotiating Spheres: Public and Private in Arabic Culture
7:15–8:30 p.m., Regency Ballroom C2, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Arabic Literature and Culture
Presiding: Samer M. Ali, Univ. of Texas, Austin
1. “Turning a Corner: The Public and the Private in Occupied Palestine,” Kifah Hanna, Davidson Coll.
2. “Displaced Sexuality: Western Desires and Eastern Butterflies,” Asaad Al-Saleh, Oklahoma State Univ., Stillwater
3. “Interlocking Spaces, Interlocking Selves: The Constituting of Identity in Muhammad Barrada’s Lu’bat al-Nisyan,” Carolyn Brunelle, Univ. of Pennsylvania
4. “Dreams of Trespass: Public and Private Space and the Power of Women’s Language,” Jennifer Wagner-Lawlor, Penn State Univ., University Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.