Viewing convention Program information from 2007
Friday, 28 December
358. Writing the Place in Premodern East Asian Literature
7:15–8:30 p.m., Arkansas, Sheraton Chicago
Program arranged by the Division on East Asian Languages and Literatures to 1900
Presiding: Ding Xiang Warner, Cornell Univ.
1. “(Re)Writing Fictional Places as Historical Records in Medieval Japan: The Textual and Visual Configurations in the ‘Taima-dera jikkai-zu byobu,’” Monika Dix, Univ. of Hawai‘i, Manoa
2. “Imagination without Borders: A Sixteenth-Century Korean Woman’s Writing about China,” Xiaorong Li, Swarthmore Coll.
3. “Resurrecting the Ruined City: Virtual Memory and the ‘Record of the Buddhist Temples in Luoyang’ (Sixth Century),” Manling Luo, Washington State Univ., Pullman
4. “Constructing an Exotic Place: Imaging and Imagining Paris in Late Qing Literature,” Jin Lu, Purdue Univ., Calumet
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.