Viewing convention Program information from 2005
Thursday, 29 December
363. The Mirrored Voice: Translation’s Give-and-Take
8:30–9:45 a.m., Monroe East, Washington Hilton
Program arranged by the Association of Writers and Writing Programs
Presiding: Carolyne L. Wright, Cleveland State Univ.
1. “A Choice of Fidelities: Collaboratively Translating Bengali Women Poets,” Carolyne L. Wright
2. “Performance, Transcription, Translation: A Three-Way Mirror in the Fun House of Originality,” Rosa Alcalá, Univ. of Texas, El Paso
3. “He Do the Police in Different Voices: Apprehending the Translator’s Various Thefts,” Atar Hadari, Bar Ilan Univ.
4. “Framing Prosodies, Embodying Voices: The Translated Poem as Phonic Avatar,” Jeanne Larsen, Hollins Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.