Viewing convention Program information from 2008
Sunday, 28 December
365. Children’s Literature and War
3:30–4:45 p.m., Golden Gate 1, Hilton
Program arranged by the Division on Children’s Literature
Presiding: Karin E. Westman, Kansas State Univ.
1. “Momotaro; or, the Peach Boy: Japan’s Best-Loved Folktale as National Allegory,” David Henry, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
2. “The Atomic Bomb on Hiroshima: Whose Story Is It?” Reade W. Dornan, Michigan State Univ.
3. “‘An Entrance to Nowhere’: Children’s Understandings of War in Susan Cooper’s Fiction,” Lee A. Talley, Rowan Univ.
4. “Ghosts, Gremlins, and Fantasy in Children’s Blitz Fiction,” Kristine Anne Miller, Utah State Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.