Viewing convention Program information from 2006
Friday, 29 December
367. Postcolonial New Zealand Literature and Cinema
8:30–9:45 a.m., 402–403, Philadelphia Marriott
A special session
Presiding: Anne Magnan-Park, Univ. of Notre Dame
1. “The Extraordinary Man, Place, and Archive of Forgotten Silver: New Zealand’s National Identity in Cinema History,” Christian B. Long, Vanderbilt Univ.
2. “Place, History, and Global Flows: Keri Hulme’s The Bone People and Peter Jackson’s Lord of the Rings Trilogy,” Susan Yukie Najita, Univ. of Michigan, Ann Arbor
3. “Myth, Masculinities, and Mateship in Roger Donaldson’s Smash Palace,” Shaun F. D. Hughes, Purdue Univ., West Lafayette
4. “The Celebration of the Thaumaturgic Nature of Postnational New Zealand Literature in Alice Tawhai’s Festival of Miracles,” Anne Magnan-Park
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.