Viewing convention Program information from 2009
Tuesday, 29 December
369. Translation East and West
8:30–9:45 a.m., Regency Ballroom C1, Loews
Program arranged by the Discussion Group on Translation
Presiding: Michael Berry, Univ. of California, Santa Barbara
1. “The Creation of a Lady (Kajin) as a Modern Gendered Subjectivity: Sexual Politics in the Japanese Translations of Walter Scott and Charlotte Brontë,” Takayuki Yokota-Murakami, Osaka Univ.
2. “India, How Will You Send Your Eggs to America?” Jason Grunebaum, Univ. of Chicago
3. “Chinese Cinema’s Global Dream, Multilinguality, and Dialect’s Wake,” Sheng-mei Ma, Michigan State Univ.
4. “Adam Olearius and the Reception of Sadis Gulistan,” Elio C. Brancaforte, Tulane Univ.
Respondent: Melek Ortabasi, Simon Fraser Univ.
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.