Viewing convention Program information from 2011
Friday, 07 January
370. Contemporary Italian Cinema: Mediterranean and Transnational Echoes
5:15–6:30 p.m., 306A, LA Convention Center
A special session
Presiding: Fulvio S. Orsitto, California State Univ., Chico
1. “The Magic of Puglia: Rubini’s Postmodern Mediterraneanism,” Giovanna De Luca, Coll. of Charleston
2. “The Dissonant Universe in Özpetek’s Saturn in Opposition,” Annachiara Mariani, Univ. of Tennessee, Knoxville
3. “Odd Couples: Transnational Affinities and Affective Disruptions in Italy’s Cinema of Migration,” Áine O’Healy, Loyola Marymount Univ.
4. “The Hyphen-nation of Ferzan Özpetek’s Queer-Italian-Turkish Cinema,” William Watson, Univ. of Arizona
No comments have been posted for this session. Log in
to post a comment.